Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Monsterpiece Doily, Round 5: 3 Motifs and Counting

Now that my special project is over, see here if you missed it, I can continue to share my progress on the Monsterpiece Doily. I've added a few more motifs to the doily since my last post. I'm happy to say that one of the motifs is part of the one I cut off. After coming home from work Monday evening, I looked at the motif and decided to start cutting. I ended up with a little over half a motif and figured out where I can add thread and my strategy for hiding the ends.


Can you tell with one it is? Actually, I hope you can't. While adding the motif to the doily, it felt like I was doing major surgery. It doesn't look as bad as I first thought, and I probably could have fixed my mistake when it happened. It would have been easier, but I'll never know if it would have looked pretty. Thread stats: the thread for the motif centres is Manuela no. 20 colour #a055. The thread for the clovers is Manuela no. 20 in colour #a022. I love tatting these motifs. We'll see if I still do when I get to motif #12.

That's about it for now. It is Thanksgiving tomorrow here in Canada, so Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. 

4 comments:

  1. First off love the knitting blog and how to is always fun to see. And I hear ya, the "surgeon" stuff if very funny. I know a guy that is a knee surgeon and he was interested in the tatting I was making. I didn't know you were from Canada I should read more. Tatting looks great and love to save a bit of time and work that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell which motif had the surgery, but I have no plans for giving it a close inspection. None of us is perfect, so why should our tatting be perfect? It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job, I can't tell well done looking really lovely
    Happy thanksgiving
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking great, I found those motifs fun to do too even if I also had to redo one. You give me inspiration to get back working on my big D

    ReplyDelete