Thursday, May 16, 2013

Four Motifs and Going Strong

I'm making good progress on the German Triangle Motif Doily. I have almost finished the fifth triangle motif. I could probably have the doily finished by Saturday or Sunday. I'm really having fun with this motif. I know many of you commented on how it looks and fits together. Suzanne has several other motifs that create some pretty interesting negative space patterns. I might have to give a few of them a try. Here are four triangles joined together:

Not much to say right now. I hope to finish the fifth motif before I have to work later today. The sixth and final motif will probably take longer as I have to join to two other motifs and need to make sure I don't screw up badly. Then I have to deal with ends and block it if needed. For anyone who missed my last post, the thread used is Lizbeth size 20 colour number 129 Purple Splendor. The pattern is available in Suzanne Schwenke's book Spitzen-Kreationen (Lace Creations, according to Google Translate). I'll be sure to share the finished doily when I'm done. Till next time.


5 comments:

  1. that looks good and a quick tat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty. You've made BC3 want to make triangles now!!! SUCH a pretty pattern and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever idea..! I love the looks of it. Finished to!

    ReplyDelete