Friday, January 13, 2012

Double Fuschia, Almost

I'm back. Nothing really new, again. I did some tatting, and I've also been working on some chainmaille. The chainmaille was another custom piece which you may see on another blog soon, so I won't get into that today. Of course, my printer has decided that it needs new cartridges. That will have to be dealt with on Thursday (Payday!!!!!), so I hope (???) that this will be a slow sales weekend. I hate having to hand write everything. Weatherwise, it's colder, but it hasn't snowed significantly since my last post. It tried on Thursday, but it didn't really amount to much. It's supposed to snow this weekend, then again early next week so we will see.

Before I get to anything else, does anyone know what happened to Miranda's (Tatting Fool) blog? I'm getting a "that blog has been removed" error message. I hope everything is OK.

Alright, I'm going to get to my little bit of tatting that I have managed to tat this week (so far). Linda Davies was kind to post another 3D flower for all of us to enjoy. I enjoy her patterns and the realistic flowers that always result from them. I've got the basic parts of one flower tatted:


It'll look much better once it's assembled. Whenever that is. I'd love to get it assembled, but I can't find most of the supplies needed. I'm hoping to find them this weekend-I have the whole weekend off. If I can't find them, I'll have to buy more. The tatting was quick and easy, no really advanced techniques needed. Four SCMRs were needed for the calyx (the red thing), and I'm sure they could be replaced with rings thrown off chains if a second shuttle (or shoe lace trick) is used. I'll post a photo as soon as the fuchsia is completed. The red thread is Flora 20 #221 and the Purple is Lizbeth 20, #633. I'm hoping to start Jane's TIAS tonight. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to have to start soon. I know I can start whenever I want, but I find that once it becomes obvious what the thing you are tatting is, the thrill is lost. Maybe it's just me, but since I am very selective (usually) at what I tat, I may not actually want to tat the item. Makes sense? Hmm. For example, I don't usually tat hearts, so if it becomes apparent that the TIAS is turning into a heart, I may choose not to tat it. Since it's still early in the game, and I don't have any idea what Jane's up to, I still have a desire to tat the TIAS.

That's it for now. I don't really have any plans for this weekend. I may do some chainmaille. If it happens to be sunny I may try to rephotograph the pieces I mentioned last time. I do hope to get some tatting done, TIAS or not. Or both. Laundry perhaps. Housecleaning???? Till next time.


3 comments:

  1. I remember that she just posted on her blog a few days ago. We can try emailing her to check up on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently Blogger's automated detection program thinks my blog might be spam, so it has been temporarily (I hope) removed. I've submitted a request for a live human person to review it and see that it's not spam, but that will take several days.

    Annoying as all this is, the most irritating part of all is that Blogger can't be bothered to send so much as an auto-reply to let me know that my review request didn't get lost in cyberspace.

    Thanks for your concern, and hopefully this will all be straightened out in a few days.

    Aren't Linda's patterns wonderful? Some day I'm going to get around to actually tatting some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff,
    Nice to see the tatted double fuchsia taking shape. Did you manage to find the materials to finish it?
    If you ever have difficulty in getting wires, stamens, tape, etc, just let me know and I will send you a bundle. They are readily available in the UK and inexpensive.
    I try to keep the patterns as simple as possible so that newbies can join in making something 3D that can be made into an arrangement. Most flower shapes can be achieved with just rings and chains!

    ReplyDelete