Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It Started With a Pocket....

Sounds interesting, doesn't it? Anyway, I had hoped to post earlier this week, but with it being rather hot here, I turned the computer off late in the afternoon and kept it off until the next morning. Anyway, I haven't done much tatting, still. I got my Handy Hands order last Thursday; I'll share more on that later. Except for a little chainmaille, I have been spending most of my time on a crochet project. And that brings me to the pocket.

I mentioned a post or two ago that I had finally received some yarn that I ordered. Instead of putting it away like I should have, I left the yarn out after taking it out of its box. I could almost hear it calling me. I figured I could crochet just the pocket of The Crochet Dude's Dawg Hoodie, from his super awesome Designs for Guys book. That way I could see how the yarn crochets up.


There. I crocheted the pocket. I know how the yarn looks. I like it! In case you are wondering, the yarn I used is Bernat Denim Style, in the colour Jordache. The yarn is a 70% acrylic, 30% cotton blend. And it is soooo soft. And I think that is what started it. I started and finished crocheting the back of the hoodie:


I couldn't help myself. This isn't the worst of it. I, are you ready for this, started working on the front of the hoodie. I know, right?! I'm so bad. I'll be done crocheting the hoodie in no time. I finished shaping the shoulders on the front while waiting for supper to cook, so I could be close to finishing it within the next day or two. You can probably figure out what I will be working on for the next week or so.

That's about it for now. I do plan on working on some tatting soon. I bought Jon's new snowflake book (which contains some very pretty patterns), and hope to tat a few of them. Perhaps with some of the new Lizbeth thread I got from Handy Hands. Till next time.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your crochet, I look forward to seeing the finished hoody, sounds like you are going to make a few of them
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book you just can't put down! It's hard to imagine working on yarn when it's sweltering outside like it is here but when you're inside in AC, as most of us are in this kind of heat, it's a good way to pass the time. It's looking good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your ideas !
    the blog is very nice

    ReplyDelete