Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Tatting, New Maille Earrings

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I didn't get as much tatting done as I would have liked. I ended up working on some chainmaille projects for a majority of the weekend. I did, however, manage to make something with tatting on it for Easter.

What I managed to tat is this, a tatted Easter egg:

Or rather, a satin covered Styrofoam egg (purchased from Handy Hands several years ago), with a couple of tatted snowflakes pinned to it. Here is a top view:

This is Snowflake 2 from Festive Snowflakes & Ornaments. And now a bottom view:

This is Snowflake 1, also from Festive Snowflakes & Ornaments. Both snowflakes were tatted using Lizbeth size 20 thread, in colour #129 Purple Splendor. I was hoping to get a second egg done, but I haven't finished it yet. I am going to count this as Motif #23 of my Third 25 Motif Challenge.

Most of my weekend was spent working on some chainmaille projects. I remade my wallet chain using stainless steel. I also remade a few bracelets that had sold. Though, the highlight of my weekend of mailleing are these:

The earrings on the left and bottom right were made using a new anodized (coloured) aluminum colour called "Black Ice". Black Ice is a dark grey colour with a purple tinge to it. It has a very shiny luster. One pair of earrings has a Sterling Silver ring at the base of each earring, and Sterling Silver earwires. The other pair has a Gold Filled ring at the base of each earring with gold plated earwires. The earrings on top right are made of Sterling silver with a Gold filled ring on the base. They also have Sterling silver earwires. All three pairs of earrings are in my Shop, along with the Jens Pind bright aluminum bracelet.

That's all for now. I will be going away for a few days, starting on Wednesday afternoon. There may be a regular post Sunday or Monday, but that will depend on how much tatting I manage to complete while away. Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. Your tatted Easter Egg is very pretty. I had not seen the purple splendor tatted up yet and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hey, I missed you Easter egg until today! It's pretty, it's pink! Very nice!
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete