Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Quantiesque Snowflake

Just a quick update; not ready to post anything else yet. I finally got around to tatting Jon's gorgeous Quantiesque snowflake. Here is my attempt:


My attempt at this pattern doesn't do it justice. This is one gorgeous flake (I think I said that already...). I can see why everyone has been tatting it for the last few days. The pattern is easy to follow, and doesn't use any difficult techniques. Highly recommended for all tatters to try. That is, if there are any left who hasn't tatted it already! For this flake, I used Valdani Pearl cotton size 12 in colour number M95: Mediterrana, and DMC Cordonnet size 30 in white. I love Valdani threads, but, I guess due to the the six cord thread and HDT I have be using lately, I wasn't used to how soft the thread is. I guess I'll have to start using it more often. I also think that the pearl cotton and DMC thread were not quite the same size as the the second section (the white part) seems a bit larger than it should be. I will make the snowflake again, using better matched threads. Perhaps in HDT.

That's about it for now. I will hopefully have my other pictures ready to post soon. I also have a few orchid photos to share; one new one (I know, I know) and one I've had for a while that recently had a opened flower. That's all for now. See ya.

Oh, I almost forgot. Jon, if you see this post, you have my permission to copy my photo of your snowflake to post on your blog.

----------------
Now playing: The Grass Roots - Let's Live for Today
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

  1. Your snowflake turned out beautiful! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to disagree with you on this post, Jeff. This is the nicest interpretation I've seen simply because you've allowed the colours to show off the design. I'd love to see this done in plain colours as I feel the design would shine through even better. The clever use of the white does full justice to the whole snowflake. Just my opinion. Think I'd better go and tat one in plain colours now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jeff, it's added already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like my rendition of the snowflake.

    Jane, I agree with you colourwise. I mainly referring to the slight size difference of the two threads. I would love to see how you'd tat the pattern.

    ReplyDelete