Monday, September 8, 2008

More Dragons! I'm Surrounded!

cat
more animals, picture courtesy of icanhascheezburger.com

I couldn't resist this picture, being a dedicated Firefox user. Now back to my regularly scheduled blog post.

I have been working on the second dragon for my mug. Here's a picture of it. The colour is very vivid in the scan.

As I mentioned earlier, I used Omega thread, in size 30. This is the first time I have used Omega thread. I am quite pleased with the thread. Handy Hands says its a 6-cord thread, but I haven't dissected a sample yet to know for sure. I am going to have to buy more Omega thread next time I place an order from Handy Hands.

After making the Omega dragon, I began to arrange the two dragons on the canvas. Of course, after a few minutes, I realized there was too much space left on the canvas. What to do? Naturally, I HAD to make another dragon!

As you can see, this dragon isn't very happy. He seems to resent being made last. I haven't seen anyone make the fire-breathing dragon variation of Anne's dragon, so I had to. This dragon is made with Pamela's HDT called "Coral Reef". I love this colourway! Pamela is fairly new in the HDT trade, but she certainly has a way with colour. I look forward to her future colourways. Back to the dragons.... These are Motifs 3 & 4 in my 2nd 25 Motif Challenge. I hope to sew the dragons onto the canvas tonight. I'll show my progress soon. Then I'd better get back to my doily. That's all for now.

Almost:

cat
more animals

8 comments:

  1. The firefox photos are soooh funny and apt! I use firefox too.

    Oh my your dragon looks GORGEOUS in my Coral Reef... I must try one too, so glad you like the thread.

    2 new colours for the soon to be opened shop coming soon...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Firefox humor! I use Safari most of the time, but Firefox is my backup.

    I do like your dragons, especially the one in Coral Reef!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dragons, Jeff. Especially the Coral Reef one who is unhappy! I love this thread. Pamela does a good job, especially to be new. I wanted to make my dragons breath fire, but had no orange thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dragons, Jeff. I agree with you Pamela is getting really good with HDT, I have some apple blossom of hers that intend to use soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are funny firefox photos. Pamela's coral reef is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I say that your insanity becomes you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    From one insane tatter to another!!
    X JaneEb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies. Always nice to read your comments. Glad you all like the dragon done in Coral Reef.

    Now Jane; I didn't know my insanity was showing! I guess we insane tatters need to stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I like Firefox too! Your dragons are wonderful!

    Tara
    http://www.tattedlacetreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete