Friday, August 22, 2008

Quick Update

First of all, thanks to everyone who gave their opinion about whether or not I should continue the doily with the variegated thread. Here is my interpretation of the results:

7 were definitely yes for the variegated thread
3 were definitely no for the variegated thread
3 were undecided or could learn to like the variegated thread

I am impressed with the variety of reasons why people liked/disliked the way the variegated thread was working out. I have been processing all the opinions for the last few day, and have come to a conclusion.

I have decided that I will continue on with the variegated thread. And, no, I'm not joining the yes group and ganging up on the nos. The doily keeps growing on me. I am glad that more people liked the way the doily was coming along. I hope that the doily will look even better once finished, and perhaps, a few of the nos will change their minds.

I will continue to work on the doily next week. I am currently working on the "Tatting Olympics", doing the "Tally Ho Clunies" event. I hope to post my entries either Sunday or Monday, but I won't promise anything. I also recently purchased a Ficus bonsai that I will post a picture of the next time I post. That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. VBG! Well..you know the only opinion that counts is yours anyway. If you feel good about it, that's all that matters. I do like it with the varigated but I would never want that to be a reason for you to stay with it.

    Opinions in tatting are interesting. I notice Jane Eborall often asks for input and she will get several different outlooks on her work but in the end, even if she uses someone's suggestion, it is uniquely hers in the end.

    One of the things I'm noticing about tatters these days is the focus on the use of color and texture. It's wonderful to be part of this constantly changing art.

    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete