Saturday, August 16, 2008

Doily Update & An Obvious Decision

You know, I shouldn't say when I plan on posting. That way I won't be late. Anyway, I have finished the second round of Lucky Clover. Here it is:

It's looking very nice, if I do say so myself. For the third round, I have decided to use a variegated thread: it is called Mediterranean Blues. The solid is Mediterranean Blue (no 's'). It's not an exact match, but its fairly close. I'll do a couple points and post again in a few days (famous last words...). If you guys don't think it looks good, I can still remove the variegated section and continue with the solid colour.

Now, my decision. I have made the obvious decision of making this doily (once finished, of course) my final motif in the 25 Motif Challenge. This has nothing to do the fact that I can't find the completed parts of the motif that was going to be #25. Honest, it doesn't! Once they are found, I'll finish the item and post a picture of it. That's all for now.

8 comments:

  1. I love this doily! It will be interesting to see how the variegated looks in the next round... can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK I made that doily many, many years ago. Is it a Blomquist pattern? I love the simpoicity of that design. Well done. Good job.
    JaneEb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, it looks great, Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Diane, Jane and Chiclet. I love this doily as well. I can't wait to show you how the variegated thread works out. And yes Jane, it is a Blomquist pattern. I would love to see the ones you made, if you have pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doily is looking very nice. Can't wait to see what the next round looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue that you have chosen for this. Looking forward to see how the variegated blue looks in the next round. I have this book too, and it has beautiful designs in it. But had not made this doily before. Maybe I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite doily out of that book. Variegated thread for the last round sounds like a great idea to me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments Clyde, Jon, and Marty. I can't wait to show you what the last round will look like. I think you will enjoy making this doily Jon. This is my favourite doily as well Marty. I may have to make it again. Perhaps in King Tut thread.

    ReplyDelete